Criterion | Core 14.5″ .223 Wylde Midlength Barrel, 1:8 Twist
- Chrome-lined for superior barrel life and corrosion resistance. Our chrome lining process is the most refined in the industry and will not degrade accuracy.
- .223 Wylde chamber that is designed to safely and reliably fire both .223Remington and 5.56NATO ammunition while increasing accuracy due to more consistent chamber pressures.
- Honed and hand-lapping rifling produce perfect bore uniformity and a pristine internal finish that aids in barrel cleaning and is paramount for accuracy
- Finely polished chambers for reliable extraction and feeding
- Gas port tuned for proper function with and without suppressor
- Precision-machined barrel extension and M4 feed ramps
- Length: 14.5″
- Contour: CORE Series
- Gas System Length: Midlength
- Gas Block Journal Diameter: 0.625″
- Thread Pitch: 1/2×28
- Chamber: .223 Wylde
- Twist: 1:8 Twist
- # of Grooves: 6 Grooves
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium
- Finish: Chrome-lined, Phosphate
- Actual Weight: 1.65 Pounds
Note: All NFA rules apply
Criterion’s CORE Series barrels are designed with tactical shooters in mind. These barrels are built to address issues with weight distribution, balance, and handling of traditional profiles, while increasing performance through consistent harmonics and uniform heat dissipation.
The CORE Series feature a modern, continuous taper profile that eliminates steps and harsh variations in diameter. The steel is redistributed where it is needed most: surrounding the chamber. Added weight over the chamber absorbs heat evenly during hard use and moves the balance of the rifle closer to the body for increased control. This is optimal for maintaining balance when used with modern accessories like Low Power Variable Optics (LPVO’s), weapon-mounted lights, suppressors, clip-on night vision devices, and IR lasers; these components boost the capabilities of the rifle, but can hinder the shooter’s performance by increasing front-end weight. The front end of the CORE Series remains light and fast for better handling, balance, and speed.
Out of stock